“Agree to disagree” is white guy speak for “I understand you have an opinion but unfortunately, me.”
Friendly reminder from a previous generation: more clothes =/= less sexual attention, harassment, and assault.
Stop slut-shaming and victim-blaming.
A Glasgow nightclub has installed a two-way mirror which allows male revellers in private booths to spy on unsuspecting women as they visit the toilet! With no notification or signage anywhere in the venue many female club goers have been left feeling embarrassed and used. Although they do briefly show the mirrors in a promo video, the club has been quickly deleting comments and posts on their social media from club goers trying to alert others to the situation. This is pretty much illegal and hugley violates privacy. Thank you The Shimmy Club for giving us a shiny, new, creative and cool take on objectification.
i’m never leaving my house again, this world is just too fucked up.
gross gross gross gross gross
Good morning disgusting.
- “No space, leave the place” (fingernail test)
- A two way mirror must be set INTO the wall, not placed on top of it.
- If you rap/knock against the mirror, one installed onto a wall (a normal mirror) will make a dull sound, because there’s something behind it. A two-way will have more reverberation.
- Use the flashlight on your phone to shine on the mirror, if it’s a two-way, you’ll be able to see into the other room.
- You can also shield your eyes and see in if you lean up against the glass.
- The room being viewed will have to be brightly lit (10x brighter than the room looking in), so if you’re in a typical dimly lit club bathroom, you’re ok.
boosting the fuck out of this
also this is their not even apology. idk what to call it.
how fucking gross
Gender roles are one thing — forcibly assigning them being a bad thing, obviously — but using them to objectify women … seriously, you’re not even trying to hide your sexism, Parthiv Pandya. For fuck’s sake: women are not consumer goods; consumer goods are consumer goods; women are people.
BTW, “mom in a box” isn’t even a very good joke. It just seems like you really felt the need to comment and had nothing worth saying, Britt Manzo. Though if you were hoping for some attention from some sexists, never fear! — Osiris Diaz, who we’ve featured once (or twice?), liked your comment.
Alright, that’s enough depressing capitalistic patriarchy for today. Get back to enjoying the end of term!
You mean ever? Hmm, it’s a good idea. I don’t think we’ll get it done in time with all the studying and essay-writing and traveling and working, but we’ll see what we can do.
We’d love some submissions, though, too! ;)
Thanks for your ask & happy Tuesday.